Data Privacy Statement 20 November 2021
CHARITY NUMBER: 1167150
DC Action contacts, friends and
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal details include any information relating directly to an individual. Examples are: name, phone number, address, e-mail address, bank account details, photographs etc. You are the ‘Data Subject’. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulations (the ‘GDPR’ updated May 2018). Processing refers to the collection, storing and transfer of personal data. The ‘Data Controller’ is the person within an organisation who takes responsibility for what data is collected, what it is used for and with whom it is shared.
2. DC Action and your personal data:
- The DC Action trustees will approve formal policies relating to ‘GDPR’.
- DC Action stores and processes your personal data in order to conduct charity business on behalf of patients and their families.
- Will Buckley is the current DC Action Data Controller, contact details below.
3. How do we process your personal data?
DC Action undertakes to comply with its obligations under ‘GDPR’ by:
- Keeping personal data up to date.
- Storing and destroying (when necessary) personal data securely.
- Not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data.
- Protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure.
- Ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- Ensuring that personal data will not be shared with third parties without permission.
4. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us keep those who have contacted DC Action updated with news about our charitable work and other relevant information.
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity.
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
We will ask for consent to do this. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time.
5. What is the legal basis for processing personal data?
- By consent.
- On an annual basis, we will ask those who have contacted DC Action for their explicit consent, by signing a form, to keep their personal data and will update DC Action records accordingly.
6. Sharing your personal data
- We will not share your personal data with third parties outside of DC Action without your consent.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
- We will only keep personal data for as long as your consent is valid.
- All stored data will be protected using secure passwords.
8. Your rights and your personal data:
Subject to proof of identity, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of any personal data that DC Action holds.
- The right to request that the DC Action corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the DC Action to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
9. Further processing:
If there is a valid need to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Statement, then we will provide you with a new statement explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
10. Contact Details:
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, in the first instance please contact
Data Controller Will Buckley firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 113 (option 4: Advice for small charities), via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Will Buckley on behalf of DC Action November 2021